Accident Incident Investigation Analysis (AIIA)
This highly acclaimed course highlights in the finest detail, the approach to follow when analysing any accident or incident in the aviation, or, any other industry.
This course provides an actual "hands-on" systems investigation methodology that includes Human Factors in keeping with the Overview description below.
- Outline of Accident Investigation, reference ICAO ANNEX 13, ATSB and international accident investigation organisations as appropriate.
- James Reason’s - TRIPOD Model
- Background, Tripod Incident Causation Model
- Incidents/Accidents includes ‘Unsafe Acts’, Trends in Safety, Controlling the Uncontrollable
- General Failure Types, Fallible Decisions and Root Causes
- Human Factors Analysis and Classification System (HFACS)
- Human Factors Intervention Matrix (HFIX)
- Interactive Team Exercises
This course includes multiple actual accident investigation case studies.